Room Attendant is an important role that keeps the overall cleanliness in order.
The scope of this job is to undertake the cleaning of bedrooms and bathrooms and public areas to a quality standard and to ensure all room facilities are working. To self check allocated rooms to the minimum standard required by the resort and rectify if standard is below expectations.
- To service public areas to a high quality as directed.
- To service guest bedrooms as per section/floor list to the required standard at all times.
- Replace and restock all items provided for guest use within each room and bathroom.
- To strip and make bed to a quality standard following the trained procedure at all times.
- Service of Bathrooms Empty and wash bins, clean bath, shower, basin and toilet.
- Wash floor and all glass surfaces to the highest quality standard.
- Vacuum and/or broom bedrooms and bathrooms floors to remove all debris including your section of the corridor and stairs and check the vacuum cleaner weekly and change dust bag when necessary.
- Dust and polish all hard surfaces to a quality sheen using appropriate cleaning chemicals.
- Ensure your service area is clean and well stocked at all times.
- Report promptly any room defects, scuffs and fabric damage including equipment and light bulbs to department manager, and ensure it is correctly logged.
- To be aware of and comply with statutory requirements regarding the work place such as health and safety, hygiene, fire prevention, manual handling and chemicals and other substances that may be hazardous to your health.
- To carry out any other reasonable duty to assist in the smooth running of the resort
- Demonstrate organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Able to work well independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Take initiative in solving problems.
- Excellent Guest Services skills
- Promote positive relationships in communication and cooperation with all co-workers and guests
- Physical endurance; able to push, pull and lift up to 40+ lbs
- Able to perform repetitive physically demanding tasks; standing for long periods of time, bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching
- Completion of high school
- Previous Housekeeping experience is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven and focused on cleanliness and customer service.
- Self motivated, hungry and driven to go above and beyond targets
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team player
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all contacts.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.