The FernandesGroup is one of the largest privately owned Companies in Suriname and plays a leading role in many sectors of the Surinamese economy.
We are now expanding our activities in the extractive industry in Suriname (mining, oil, gas and construction) and will provide high quality heavy equipment and services to large enterprises and also individuals. FD Equipment & Services, a joint venture between the Fernandes Group and General Equipment Guyana ltd (Genequip), is now looking for candidates to serve as an Office Manager.
As an Office Manager you are responsible for organizing all administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of an office. You need to make sure that equipment is maintained, relevant records are up to date and that all administration processes work effectively in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. You will also manage subordinate staff in the day-to day performance of their jobs.
Are you an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats, experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, able to work independently with little supervision, well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people? This is the challenge that suits you! In this position you will report to the CEO.
Some of your responsibilities
- Developing and implementing new administrative systems, such as record management; recording office expenditure and managing the budget;
- Organizing the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment;
- Carrying out staff appraisals, managing performance; delegating work to staff and managing their workload and output;
- Promoting staff development and training;
- Writing reports for senior management and delivering presentations;
- Reviewing and updating health and safety policies and ensuring they are observed;
- Arranging regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all other departments to reduce conflict and maximize Dealership Profitability.
- Initiate housekeeping, safety and security procedures that result in a safe and attractive working environment;
- Ensure that all security procedures are followed;
- Maintain a Hazardous Substance Register of all hazard substances stored in the Parts and Accessories Department and maintain a file of Material Safety Data Sheets for these substances.
Occupational Health and Safety duties
- Cares for the health and safety of self and others;
- Follows workplace procedures and instructions to achieve good OHS practice;
- Maintains tools, equipment and facilities to make sure of safe performance and good OHS practice;
- Identifies and reports unsafe, unhealthy or hazardous working conditions;
- Uses personal protective equipment’s as required;
- Does not engage in practical jokes that could harm the health or safety of another person.
- Bachelor knowledge of Business and Management principles;
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience;
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures;
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages.
If your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and send it until April 8 as your application to Fernandes Concern Beheer N.V. Attn HRM department, Klipstenenstraat 2 – 10.